A few guidelines:
- If you are bold (and experienced) try a flash of color with a unique pattern to compliment the rest of your outfit. It can play off another subtle color in your outfit, or it can just be a random pop of color
- If you are a beginner, or more conservative, or 007, go with the most classic: solid white cotton or linen folded square, not puffy. It never fails.
- Cotton and linen usually are easier to pull off than silk.
- Going puffy is adventurous, but can blow up in your face. When in doubt, fold it square and only show about a quarter inch (like your shirt cuffs under your jacket)
- White goes with everything
- If your shirt and tie are already loud (bold color, strong check or stripe...) then you probably don't want to wear a loud pocket square...you risk looking like you are trying to hard
- Never say never, but NEVER wear a matching tie and pocket square
- Lastly, when in a jam, be creative (see Tip-of-the-day March 11th)
Yours in style, Style Blogger.