Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is it just me...


...or are tv characters becoming more and more stylish and fashion-forward?

It started with Gossip Girls' uber-preppy, and equally as cocky, student/rich kid Chuck Bass (played by Ed Westwick). 



Then came the great 1950's chic advertising guru Don Draper (played by Jon Hamm) on Mad Men.



And most recently, Neil Caffrey (played by Matthew Bomer) debued yesterday as "the world's coolest [and best dressed] con man" on White Collar.



Not that I watch much tv, but if this is the direction that series' are heading, maybe I'll start making more time to watch.

Yours in style,
SB

4 comments:

Faz said...

Hi Dan,

I thought I'd comment after reading your ages now to thank you. I'm a Fashion Ed at a men's magazine in Singapore and your blog's always a source of inspiration.

Cheers,
Faz

Anonymous said...

What magazine? I was recently in Singapore...

Tim said...

Don't forget Jason Shwartzman in the new Bored to Death! (he is stylish and hilarious)

japac said...

I think there are a few R&B and Hip Hop artist who have upgraded their style as well. Most notably Maxwell, Common, John Legend and Jay-Z... They are into tailored suits and even their street gear fits well.