Sunday, June 28, 2009

Slim down your limits

Greetings from the oh-so-stylish land of Italy!

Recently a concerned reader raised a good point, and reminded me to clarify something about my posts.

The most important thing when it comes to style, in my opinion, is being unique and original. Because of that, therefore, there aren't really any "rules" to good personal style. So when I use the word "rule", which I will try to stop using from now on, what I mean is more "guideline" or "tip".

Therefore, when I write that the bow tie or denim jacket is "back", I do not mean that it wasn't as stylish before, but simply that it is becoming more popular among stylish men. At some point, of course, someone has to completely break the mold and be the first to start this kind of new "trend".

The take-away message here: if you have the confidence and style to pull it off, you can wear anything. Never limit yourself because of what others think, write in magazines or post on blogs...these are simply forums used to help, not control your style choices.

The Sky is the Limit! Yours in style, Style Blogger.

No comments: