Thursday, May 21, 2009

Move On: Plaid Shorts

Again, sorry to my readers for my slacking lately...life has been crazy (i know, i know, no excuses).

While I was on hiatus, I've been thinking of new features for the blog. Apart from taking my first pictures for my "Street Style Spotted" feature where I take pictures of stylish men I come across on the street, I'm also introducing a new feature called "Move On" where I will highlight fads/trends/popular looks that we all need to put away and move on from.

The subject of this first "Move On" feature is plaid shorts. It seems for the past two summers men have been wearing plaid shorts on every occasion possible. Let me be the first to say it: lets retire the plaid shorts (this includes small and big "checks" as well as madras).

It was cool when it first started and only the "cool" stylish guys were doing it...but now every man, their father, and their grandfather has at least one pair. It is no longer unique...and when it is no longer unique (especially when it is a look that is meant to "stick out") it is game over.

Thanks for keeping up, even when I've been slacking. I'm back on a more regular schedule, so keep coming back for your daily sartorial fix.

Yours in style, Style Blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I hate plaid shorts, they remind me of my grandma gardening.